I’m going to study the article on page 55, “Plaid Ambition” by Louise Cutting.
I also looked at the Threads Archive that I bought a few years ago and pulled up another article on matching plaids. It is from October/November 1997 and is called “A Process for Plaids” by Barbara Deckert. Continuing my research I found an online article (also from Threads) called “How to Match Plaid on a Curved-edge Lapel”.
Since the article discusses matching plaids on a jacket, I’ve decided to use McCall’s pattern M5395, an unlined semi-fitted jacket. The pattern was printed in 2007 and is currently out of print.
This Challenge project will take a little time to complete. I haven’t sewn this jacket before and will need to carefully fit a muslin before I can layout the plaid and cut the fabric, and then construct the jacket.